Tuesday 13 September 2011

Spanish Prize

these traditional soaps are bathing beauties


I discovered the iconic Spanish soap Heno de Pravia while holidaying summer. The deep green bar has a distinctive sweet, herby scent. Although it doesn't remind me of hay (heno means hay in Espanol) is does remind me of sunshine skys and carefree days, provding the perfect early morning pick me up on grey London days. The story goes that in 1903 Perfumer Salvador Gal passed through the small village of Pravia and was utterly taken by the smell of freshly cut hay and flora on the air. He sought to recreate it and the Heno de Pravia range of soaps and colognes was born. I stocked up on a couple bars at the local Farmica and wish I had bought more. I also LOVE the packaging of these soaps from Portugese store A Vida Portuguesa, which sell beautiful range of traditional products. You can buy them online here.